A balanced life, isn’t that something everybody would like? Providing intensive care can be very challenging. But now you can enjoy some peace and quiet in a lovely adapted holiday home at Camping De Quack in the Dutch town of Hellevoetsluis. The home is situated on a 300 m2 plot of land, right next to a playing field with playground equipment. The beach is only 300 metres away. Wheelchair users can follow a paved path that takes them there in ten minutes.
The house itself has five bedrooms divided over the ground floor and the first floor. The ground floor is wheelchair friendly. Those who make use of a disabled parking permit can park next to the house. All other cars need to be parked in the general parking lot on the campsite grounds. The enclosed garden has a safe trampoline, a swing designed to accommodate a person in a lying position, and several cosy terraces. There is also a pen to accommodate small pets (guinea-pigs, rabbits etc.).
The house is fitted with the following equipment and facilities:
- Two ground-floor sanitary rooms:
Bathroom no. 1 with a toilet, shower and wash basin.
The integrally accessible bathroom no. 2 is equipped with a bathtub with a shower gurney, a shower area, a toilet with handholds, and a wash basin with a tilting mirror. In addition, a toilet raiser and shower chair are available for use in both bathrooms, whilea washing machine is situated in bathroom no. 2.
- The following three bedrooms are situated on the ground floor: one adapted bedroom right next to the integrally accessible bathroom. This bedroom with its high/low bed box and patio doors that open to the garden is currently made into a so-called Snoezelen room – a controlled multisensory room.
- Bedroom no. two is 9 m2 and also has an adjustable high/low bed. The third, smaller, bedroom (4 m2) has a comfortable 120 cm x 200 cm bed.
- On the first floor, we have two more furnished bedrooms measuring 9 m2 and 4 m2,respectively. In addition, we have created a spacious play area with a box full of toys on the landing, which overlooks the downstairs open living room.
- The fully equipped open kitchen has a dishwasher, a microwave oven and a conventional oven. This area is also wheelchair friendly, offering easy access to the kitchen sink with an extended mixer tap and the adapted oven. A foldable, extended countertop at wheel chair height is also available for use.
- The ground floor has floor heating, which makes this area comfortably warm if the weather turns a bit colder during the year. You can take maximum advantage of the beautiful summer months because the fully furbished living room can be opened with sliding doors, giving you access to the fenced garden.
- A television with DVD player can be found in the living room.
- The fenced garden is equipped with a safe trampoline, a swing designed to accommodate a person in a lying position, and a charging system for electric bicycles and scoot mobiles. There is also a go kart, to add to the fun.
- The following facilities can be supplied on request: a hoist, a lifting pole, a Tripp Trapp chair, a bed box (child), a baby bath, a wheelchair bicycle, and a three-wheeled buggy for children with special needs (max. weight 60 kg). Bicycles can be rented on the campsite.
- And, last but not least: unlimited use of WIFI throughout the house.
- The WIFI passwords, important telephone numbers, manuals and information about the campsite and the beautiful environment can be found in the information folder in the house.
Europarc Resort “Poort van Zeeland”,
Tel: +31-6-30027641 of +31-6-23387287
Rekening nr.: NL13 RABO 0167 9458 15